MAKE AN APPOINTMENT NOW WITH OUR ONLINE FORM
LOCALLY OWNED & OPERATED
Preventive Maintenance is by far the most critical aspect of owning a vehicle. Regular vehicle maintenance protects your car from engine trouble and increases efficiency, saving you more money in the long run.
All our mechanics are certified Master Technicians by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence.
Your mechanic also has years of experience in all areas of car maintenance and repair. They are always up to speed and equipped to handle the ever-changing automotive technologies.
Jay’s Garage is a family-owned, full-service automotive repair shop and gas station. Conveniently located in the heart of Portland’s central eastside on the corner of SE 7th and Morrison, we have been servicing and repairing cars, trucks, vans, and SUVs since 1981.
We carry regular gasoline, bio-diesel, and E85 at the gas pumps and are open seven days a week. Visit us on the corner of SE 7th and SE Morrison. Please stop by during weekdays and talk to our auto mechanics to learn more about the best fuel options for your vehicle. Jay’s is committed to selling gas that helps reduce emissions and is renewable. There is a reason why Jay’s is among the top alternative fuel providers and the number one provider of high-content bio-diesel in Portland, Oregon.
Volkswagen TDI (Turbocharged Direct Injection) is an award-winning turbo diesel engine design that delivers superior performance and fuel efficiency. We at Jay’s are Portland’s experts on servicing and maintaining VWs equipped with TDI, and as a result, we can pass on significant savings to our customers. If in doubt, come to us for a second opinion of the quote you received from another repair shop.
AUTO REPAIR SERVICES
Your auto repair professionals at Jay’s Garage know how to handle a wide range of car services.
Auto Repair and Maintenance
We can help you with everything from oil to engine changes.
We can handle any problem with both foreign and domestic vehicles.
- Factory Scheduled Maintenance
- Oil, Lube, and Filter
- Tune Ups
- Air and Fuel Filters
- Safety & Emissions Inspections
- Windshield Wiper Blades
- Fluid Services
- Trip Inspections
- Maintenance Inspections
- Pre-Purchase Inspections
- Check Engine Light Diagnostics
- Engine Repair
- Engine Overhaul
- Engine Replacement
- Engine Performance Check
- Belt & Hose Replacement
- Water Pumps
- Driveability Diagnostics & Repair
- Fuel Injection Service & Repair
- Fuel System Maintenance & Repair
- Ignition System Maintenance & Repair
More Repair Services
- Computer Diagnostics
- Air Conditioning Service & Repair
- Cooling System Service & Repair
- Electrical System Diagnosis & Repair
- Exhaust Systems & Mufflers
- Catalytic Converters
- Emissions Tests
- Hybrid Services
- Body & Trim Repairs (Mirrors, Door Handles, Locks)
- Power Accessory Repair
- Transmission Service & Repair
- Flushes and Refills
- Filter Replacement
- New & Rebuilt Transmissions
- Drive-line Maintenance & Repair
- Axle Replacement
- Differential Service & Repair
- Clutch Repair & Replacement
- Tire Rotation
- Tire Mounting
- Tire Balancing
- Flat Tire Repair
- Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS)
- Tire Replacement
- Wheel Alignment
- Wheel Repair & Replacement
Suspension, Steering & Brakes
- Brake Repair
- Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS)
- Shocks & Struts
- Suspension & Steering Repair
- Power Steering Repair
- CV Joint Repair
- Wheel Bearings
DO YOU LIKE WHAT YOU SEE?
We are committed to providing outstanding auto repair and maintenance services for you.
- We will service your vehicles with your best interest in mind.
- We strive to get the job done right the first time.
- We will work hard to be the best and most cost effective dealer alternative auto repair shop serving you and all our customers in Portland.
Should I consider using synthetic motor oil?
Synthetic engine oils are produced through a synthesis process that takes very small molecules and assembles them into larger designer molecules with premium lubricating properties.
When should I change my Oil and Oil Filters?
Every three to six months, or every 3,000 to 5,000 miles.
When should I replace my Windshield Wipers?
Every year or two (less in hot climates if a vehicle sits outside and is exposed to sunlight and high ambient temperatures).