MAKE AN APPOINTMENT NOW WITH OUR ONLINE FORM
LOCALLY OWNED & OPERATED
Preventative Maintenance is by far the most important aspect to owning a vehicle. Regular vehicle maintenance not only protects your car from engine trouble, but also increases its efficiency, saving you more money in the long run.
Auto Repair Shop Portland
Jay’s Garage is a family owned full service automotive repair shop and gas station. Conveniently located in the heart of Portland’s central eastside on the corner of SE 7th and Morrison, we have been servicing and repairing cars, trucks, vans and SUV’s since 1981. All our mechanics are certified Master Technicians by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence. Our technicians also have years of experience in all areas of car maintenance and repair and are always up to speed and equipped to deal with the ever changing automotive technologies.
Portland’s Volkswagen TDI Experts
Volkswagen TDI (Turbocharged Direct Injection) is an award winning turbo diesel engine design that delivers superior performance and fuel efficiency. We at Jay’s are Portland’s experts on servicing and maintaining VWs equipped with TDI, and as a result, we are able to pass on great savings to our customers. If in doubt, come to us for a second opinion of the quote you received from another repair shop.
Jay’s Sells Bio Diesel, E85 And Regular Gasoline
We carry regular gasoline, bio-diesel, and E85 at the gas pumps and we are open 7 days a week. Come visit us on the corner of SE 7th and SE Morrison. Stop by during week days and talk to our auto mechanics to learn more about the best fuel options for your vehicle. Jay’s is committed to selling gas that helps reduce emissions and is renewable. There is a reason why Jay’s is among the top providers of alternative fuel and number one provider of high content bio-diesel in Portland, Oregon.
We can help you with everything from an oil change to an engine change.
We can handle any problem on both foreign and domestic vehicles.
- Factory Scheduled Maintenance
- Oil, Lube, and Filter
- Tune Ups
- Air and Fuel Filters
- Safety & Emissions Inspections
- Windshield Wiper Blades
- Fluid Services
- Trip Inspections
- Maintenance Inspections
- Pre-Purchase Inspections
- Check Engine Light Diagnostics
- Engine Repair
- Engine Overhaul
- Engine Replacement
- Engine Performance Check
- Belt & Hose Replacement
- Water Pumps
- Driveability Diagnostics & Repair
- Fuel Injection Service & Repair
- Fuel System Maintenance & Repair
- Ignition System Maintenance & Repair
More Repair Services
- Computer Diagnostics
- Air Conditioning Service & Repair
- Cooling System Service & Repair
- Electrical System Diagnosis & Repair
- Exhaust Systems & Mufflers
- Catalytic Converters
- Emissions Tests
- Hybrid Services
- Body & Trim Repairs (Mirrors, Door Handles, Locks)
- Power Accessory Repair
- Transmission Service & Repair
- Flushes and Refills
- Filter Replacement
- New & Rebuilt Transmissions
- Drive-line Maintenance & Repair
- Axle Replacement
- Differential Service & Repair
- Clutch Repair & Replacement
- Tire Rotation
- Tire Mounting
- Tire Balancing
- Flat Tire Repair
- Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS)
- Tire Replacement
- Wheel Alignment
- Wheel Repair & Replacement
Suspension, Steering & Brake Services
- Brake Repair
- Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS)
- Shocks & Struts
- Suspension & Steering Repair
- Power Steering Repair
- CV Joint Repair
- Wheel Bearings
DO YOU LIKE WHAT YOU SEE
We are committed to provide outstanding auto maintenance and repair services to our customers.
- We will service our customers’ vehicles with our customer’s best interests in mind.
- We strive to get the job done right the first time.
- We strive to be best and cost effective dealer alternative repair shop serving our customers of Portland.
Should I consider using synthetic motor oil?
Synthetic engine oils are produced through a synthesis process that takes very small molecules and assembles them into larger designer molecules with premium lubricating properties.
When should I change my Oil and Oil Filters?
Every three to six months, or every 3,000 to 5,000 miles.
When should I replace my Windshield Wipers?
Every year or two (less in hot climates if a vehicle sits outside and is exposed to sunlight and high ambient temperatures).